A Boutique Immigration Law Firm Serving the Bay Area

Is It Relatively Easier for International Students in the U.S. to Do a Startup Than h1b Workers? If So, How?

It is easier for an international student to startup a company than an H1B visa holder if the student gets an Occupation Practical Training (OPT) work permit after graduation, since OPT holders are perfectly permitted to startup their own companies. It is relatively straightforward and the OPT holder is not restricted by the Department of Labor’s or USCIS’s many rules that apply to H1B visa holders. In comparison, it is more difficult to startup a company as an H1B visa holder.