A Boutique Immigration Law Firm Serving the Bay Area

I Am a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) and Will Be Marrying My Girlfriend in My Home Country (Pakistan) Who Does Not Have U.S. Citizenship or a Visa. How Can My Wife Get in to U.S. to Live with Me and How Long Is the Procedure to Bring Her Here

You can petition for your wife by filing the Form I-130 but unfortunately, the wait time for a visa for spouses of permanent residents is currently about 2.5-3 years. If you become a U.S. citizen during that time, you can “upgrade” your application. Spouses of U.S. citizens are considered immediate relatives with no wait time for an immigrant visa.