A Boutique Immigration Law Firm Serving the Bay Area

Who Can Get a J1 Visa?

Can a Canadian dental assistant get a J1 Visa to work in the U.S.?

Yes, I believe the J-1 visa could apply to dental assistants, in particular the J-1 visa trainee program. The J-1 trainee program specifically permits health-related occupations. According to the US State Department, "The J-1 Visa provides countless opportunities for international candidates looking to travel and gain experience in the United States. The multifaceted programs enable foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to teach, study, conduct research, demonstrate special skills or receive on the job training for periods ranging from a few weeks to several years."

If you have any further questions about How to get a J1 Visa or other immigration questions, please feel free to contact us and we can help you out.