A Boutique Immigration Law Firm Serving the Bay Area

Understanding the Top 4 Employment Visas

Are you a foreign national interested in working in the US? You will need a work visa to be legally employed in the United States. There are several types of work visas available for foreign nationals who want to work in the United States including temporary work visas, seasonal work visas and exchange worker visas.

The type of visa you may be eligible for will depend on the type of work you do, whether you have a relationship with an employer, and, in some cases, your country of origin.

USA Work Visas give their holder the right to work in the USA for a certain period of time and under certain circumstances. Most temporary worker categories require that your prospective employer or agent file a petition, which must be approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the United States before you can apply for a work visa.

Want to learn more about USA Work Visas? We've got you covered. We've put together a quick PowerPoint overview of the four main types of USA Employement visas - check them out below, then watch the slideshow to see which USA Work Visa is right for you. :

Learn more about U.S. work visas.