A Boutique Immigration Law Firm Serving the Bay Area

Is There a U.S. Visa for Internships?

What kind of visa is required for a 3 month internship in the US?

For temporary employment like internships (paid or unpaid), then technically the H3 temporary trainee visa or the J1 exchange visitor visa would probably be the most appropriate.

According to the USICS, the H-3 nonimmigrant visa allows foreign nationals coming temporarily to the United States to receive training in any field of endeavor, other than graduate medical education or training that is not available in the foreign national's home country.

US Visa Internships

A J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa typically for scholars or professors to conduct research, but is also used by exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange.

If you have any further questions about Internship visas, please feel free to contact us and we can help you out.