A Boutique Immigration Law Firm Serving the Bay Area

How Can Entrepreneurs Get a Visa to the USA?

What should Dutch entrepreneurs do to emigrate to the US?

In terms of visas to start a business here, you can look at the E investor visa. If you already have a company in the Netherlands, you might be able to apply for an L intra-company transfer visa.

If you are going to invest $1M+, then the EB5 visa might be a possibility – this allows you to enter on a green card rather than on a temporary work visa. The EB5 visa program provides a way for eligible Immigrant Investors to become lawful permanent residents by investing at least $1,000,000.

There is also the program for Startups, frequently called "the Startup Visa," even though it's not actually a visa. This visa waiver program is for startup founders to pursue growing their businesses in the USA. The program, officially known as the International Entrepreneur Rule (IER), allows qualified entrepreneurs a temporary stay in the US in order to build young, fast growing businesses that contribute to the US economy.

There are restrictions on all of the above visas mentioned, but this would be a good starting point.

If you have any further questions about Startup or Investor visas, please feel free to contact us and we can help you out.